»

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

♥ Savvy Savin' Suppers ♥



Ok.  So I know this isn't a "supper" recipe but I have had so many people ask for this recipe I though I would post it.  I have been doing the No Carb/Low Carb diet since 01/03/2011 and about the first of May I was wanting something sweet.  I set out to find a recipe that we could have!  I am giving you the original recipe, I will tell you the modifications that I made that has significally cut the calorie, fat and carb intake!  And it is still as yummy as ever!  Here it is:

Low Carb Blueberry Cheesecake

Ingredients

1 - 8 oz Cream Cheese

1 - 8 oz Whipping cream

3/4 cup blueberries

1/2 cup splenda
 
Directions

In a bowl whip whipping cream until peaks form. Add Splenda. Blend in cream cheese whip until smooth. With a spoon gently add frozen blueberries. Spoon into dessert cups. Enjoy.

Number of Servings: 8


The modifications that I made are as follows:

I used the Fat Free Cream Cheese and because blueberries (at least the frozen ones I found) had an absorbent amount of Carbs I decided to use Strawberry Extract from the seasoning aisle (remember their are tons of extracts you can use I just prefer Strawberry).  They have no calories or carbs. Whoop Whoop!

I also found little individual containers and seperated mine into serving sizes so I knew exactly how much I was eating and wouldn't be tempted to take and extra bite!  Pre measured is the way to go when dieting at least that works for me.

Blessings!
Holly :)
Savvy Coupon Clippers

No comments: