»

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Our Goal This Season...



I don’t know about you, but I absolutely love the cool weather that Fall and Winter bring. It brings about not only the holidays, but also the leaves changing, snow, hot chocolate, a warm fire in the fireplace, the list is endless for me. This time of year I am in full swing of packing up Spring and Summer clothes, and unpacking all our Fall and Winter Clothes. But with all this, it gets me to thinking (sometimes I think to much about things) but seriously, my children get up each morning, open up there closet and there's warm clothing , warm sweaters, warm jackets, and warm coats. BUT (the thinking part), how many children get up each morning, open their closet to find nothing warm? It brings tears to my eyes to think that just one child, one precious gift from God, does without. Rebekah and myself hope to change that. And, hopefully we will have each of you to help.

In the next couple of weeks, you will be hearing lots and lots about Savvy Coupon Clippers goal this season. Our attempt is to provide coats (new or used) to every child in our community that needs one.

I can tell you from first hand experience, while sitting in the pickup line at my daughter's school, that there were children coming to school in 30 degree weather wearing shorts and flip flops, short sleeves, and NO COAT OR JACKET! Imagine how you feel when you leave home forgetting your coat … Now think about all the children that do this everyday, suffering in this weather.

Our goal is to provide 1,000 kids with coats this season. If we can do more than that, by all means we will accept them. We will keep a running tally on how many coats we receive. We certainly don’t want you to feel like you have to go and purchase a new coat,good,cleaned used condition is fine. I know I probably have half a dozen coats packed up that I can donate.

We will be reaching out to the businesses in our community to help with donations, whether it be a drop of location, jackets or coats or donations. If you find it in your heart to help our cause, you can contact either Rebekah or myself on Facebook or by email at rebekahandholly@savvycouponclippers.com.

Remember Acts 20:35 " It’s more blessed to give than to receive "


Blessings!

Holly :) 

No comments: