»

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

♥ Savvy Savin' Suppers ♥

On this weeks ♥ Savvy Savin' Suppers ♥  I was somewhat at a loss.  I always post a recipe that my family is eating for that week.  Well the grocery store was my inspiration today.  I ran into Winn Dixie to get Cinnamon Chips for those delicious Fall Muffins we posted last week (by the way, that's the only store I have been able to find them in Brunswick, Georgia) but decided to walk through the stores and see if I could find any other deals.  To show you my deal, I took a picture of it.


Winn Dixie currently has their Chef Requested Bacon Wrapped Fillets on Sale for $4.99 BUT their was a $3.00 off Sticker on them!  So that's 2 steak Fillets for $1.99!  That's well within my $5.00 budget!  So I got a pack of Fillets, Paired it with some Roasted Carrots and Potato's, and dinner was delicious!

This is my recipe for grilling steak:

Sprinkle your steaks with your favorite seasoning, ours is Garlic Salt and Pepper.  You can grill it on a grill or inside, tonight mine was on my cast iron grillet.  Cook for about 6-7 minutes per side, only turning once. 

Roasted Carrots and Potato's

Cut Carrots and Potato's into nice size pieces, place on sheet pan.  Drizzle olive oil over  vegetables (Sparingly do not drown the vegetables in oil).  Sprinkle with Salt and Pepper.  Cook in oven on 450 for 20 minutes! 

Total Cost:

Steak    $1.99
Carrots $  .99
Potato's $  .75

Total : $ 3.73


Now who said you couldn't have a delicious steak dinner on the cheap?  And a Fillet at that!  Savvy Coupon Clippers say you CAN,  I even have $1.27 left over! 

Blessings!
Holly :)


No comments: