»

Friday, August 27, 2010

Target Accused Of Not Giving Full Value On Coupons ????


I wanted to share this article with you, because I know that a few of you have had issues at Target lately with coupons, and realizing afterwards that some of your coupons either didn't scan, or didn't take off the correct amount.



Before I get started on this and show you the article, let me say:
In my experience with Target, they have ALWAYS adjusted the coupon value down to the sale price of the item.

Example:
If I purchased something that was on sale for $3.69 and had a Q for $4.00 off, they would adjust the coupon value down to $3.69. I was fine with that, I just wanted my FREE item :) But, I assumed that because they adjusted the coupon value down on the coupon, that they were getting reimbursed for the adjusted amount, not the face value amount. Follow me ?
Well, Apparently that might not be the case, and Target is accused of not giving full value on coupons??



GO HERE to read the article. I am not sure what to think. Is it fraud for what they have been doing? I guess if they are getting the difference in sale price and value of coupon it is. I don't know..But, they say that they are " working " on this issue and should have it fixed soon. I am curious to where this is going to lead.
What are your thoughts?



RLJ

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I talked to my hubby last night about this and we believe it is fraud on Targets end. On manufacturer coupons they get paid for that amount plus a handling fee. If they are not giving the face value to the customer, it is almost like they are pocketing the difference.

amysimmons said...

OMG. I cannot believe this. THey have been ripping people off. I sure hope that they start giving us full value since they are indeed getting the full value.