»

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

♥ Savvy Savin' Suppers ♥


Happy Early Thanksgiving Y'all!  Gobble Gobble!  LOL :)

I don't know about you but I love to cook!  I especially love cooking for my family and friends for the holidays!  The only problem is ... What to do with the leftovers.  Don't get me wrong we love our fair share of Turkey Sandwich's but sometimes I like a nice salad or soup!  That's where my Savvy Savin' Supper recipe comes from this week!

Turkey and Wild Rice Soup

2 cups shredded turkey (Free) Used leftover turkey from your Thanksgiving Turkey

3 cups Turkey or Chicken broth + 3 cups water (1.50)
( You can purchase it, make your own from you left over Turkey)

1 onion, finely chopped ($.30)

2 celery stalks, diced ($.20)

1/2 bag baby carrots ($.50)

1 cup wild rice/rice mix ($.75) Or Reg White Rice (.20)

Salt/Pepper

Directions

1. In large saucepan, add water and broth. Add diced or shredded cooked turkey. Add chopped onion and chopped celery.

2. Cut baby carrots in half and add to soup. Add 1 cup of wild rice mix to soup. Season with salt and pepper to taste.  Allow rice to cook thoroughly. 

3. ENJOY!


$3.25

Blessings!
Holly :)




No comments: